Acute Pancreatitis

Santhi Swaroop Vege, Todd H. Baron

Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceedingChapter


Approximately 210, 000 new cases of acute pancreatitis occur annually in the United States, and its incidence is increasing in and outside this country. Of the new cases, about 80% are the interstitial (edematous) variety and the other 20% are the necrotizing variety. Necrotizing pancreatitis accounts for most of the morbidity and nearly all the mortality associated with acute pancreatitis.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Title of host publicationMayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review, Third Edition
PublisherCRC Press
Number of pages10
ISBN (Electronic)9781420092240
ISBN (Print)9781420092233
StatePublished - Jan 1 2008

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • General Medicine


Dive into the research topics of 'Acute Pancreatitis'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this